West Metro Miracle Athletics is a 501c3 charitable organization that provides children with special needs the opportunity to play baseball, kickball or basketball as a team member in an organized league. There is something about playing sports that lights up a kid’s eyes. We love being witness to that pure joy!
Our baseball program is played on Saturdays and Sundays in the Spring (May and June), at Bennett Family Park in Minnetonka!
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON (Check Back in early 2019)
Here are a few details:
All games are two innings in length
· Athletes use the tee or coach pitch
· Every player gets to bat once each inning
· Every player has a “Buddy” who is there to assist them and, more importantly, to cheer them on (see below)
· Every player is safe on bases
· Every player rounds the bases and gets to score a run each inning
· The last Player on the lineup gets a home run!
To help the athletes, we use a “buddy” system – pairing each player with an able-bodied peer or adult. West Metro Miracle Athletics is about making new friends, building self-esteem and being treated just like other kids. It’s also a chance for parents, families and friends of special needs kids to network, share ideas and cheer on the most incredible athletes on earth! Check out our Volunteer page to learn more about how you can be a buddy!